Samira Mery Lineberger
Ms. Lineberger is the Member/Owner of Lineberger Law Firm PLLC. She is a 1987 graduate of St. Mary's University, School of Law in San Antonio, Texas. She has practiced in a wide range of areas of law and in many capacities. Most recently as General Counsel for a technology company, she handled the majority of their legal needs including contract preparation, negotiation and management, compliance issues, intellectual property protection, risk management and employment law matters. She is also an experienced trial lawyer representing mostly commercial clients in areas including insurance defense, personal injury, employment discrimination and harassment, premises liability, products liability, construction defects, mechanics liens, fraud, defamation, FELA (Railroad employee injury cases) and DTPA (Deceptive Trade Practices Act) among other things. She has tried numerous cases with a wide range of damages from small four figure cases to cases with damages in the eight figure range.
Unique to Ms. Lineberger's experience is her ownership and participation in several of her own businesses, including a multi-million dollar residential construction company, a mediation firm, and currently a consulting firm, Lineberger Consulting Group that advises law firms on business development and marketing strategies. This small business experience enhances her appreciation for what it takes to run a business and how legal issues impact it from an ownership perspective.
Ms. Lineberger's undergraduate work was at Texas A&M University where she received a BBA in Marketing. She is also an Adjunct Professor at St. Mary's University, School of Law, where she teaches Business Development and Marketing for Lawyers.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Commercial Law
- Texas, 1987
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.) - 05/1987
- Texas A&M University
- Major: Marketing
- Trucking or Auto Accident Case, TexasBarCLE
- Auto Claims, Property and Casualty 360, 2008
- Getting Fired for No Good Reason; What's Up with That? , Elite Attorney SA magazine, July, 2015
- Marketing and Business Development, St. Mary’s University, School of Law, Present
Past Employment Positions
- St. Mary’s University, School of Law, Adjunct Professor, Business Development and Marketing
- Injury Sciences LLC, General Counsel, 2005 to 2009
- Zurich North America, Trial Attorney, 2002 to 2005
- Union Pacific Railroad Co, General Attorney, 1990 to 2001